Friday, March 28, 2008

The Less I Know That I Know, The Wiser I Become

Equilibrium March 27, 2008

THE LESS I KNOW THAT I KNOW, THE WISER I BECOME

To many people this is the Knowledge Age and knowledge workers have been in high demand in industries of all kinds for almost a generation.

All the signs are pointing to a change. If you haven’t noticed it, this is because it has crept upon us and has hardly entered the consciousness yet. Daniel Pink, in his ground-breaking book A Whole New Mind has pointed out the change. His take on that change is that we are moving from the emphasis on left-brain thinking to right brain consciousness; that is to say to the creative side of ourselves.

My own belief is that we need to move to the Age of Wisdom. Humans need to grow up, and grow up fast. I won’t bore you with why we need to do this – you already know why. Instead I want to say what that means to me.

Wisdom is the ability to listen and attend to what is real. It is the humility to know that we know very little in the context of the wonder that is the universe and the drama that is humanity. It is the courage to be authentic and at the same time to value the uniqueness of others in their diversity. It is the willingness to take risks and to seek new ways to find solutions to old challenges, while knowing that the simpler the way, the more likely the chance of success.

Above all, perhaps, wisdom is the acceptance that our world is a reflection of us and that to change anything in the world it is first necessary to become everything that we desire of the world.

In peace
Warren

Congratulations and welcome to Kathy Chury who is our most recently certified Emotional Fitness Coach. Kathy is a registered nurse. You can find her on the website under Our Team.
Warren Redman
(403) 245-5463 or toll free 1-866-310-EFit (3348)

No comments: